|Job Location:||USA - Hamilton, MS|
This position is responsible for process improvements, project development, and assisting operations in meeting safety, environmental, quality and productivity goals. It ensures the operation of the plant in an environmentally responsible manner in compliance with all Safety, Health and Environmental Policy.
- Coordinate with support and shift team members on an ongoing daily basis to meet safety, quality, efficiency, and production goals.
- Detect problems and situations that require action to prevent safety, quality, cost, or production excursions.
- Gather, interpret and/or analyze data, and draw conclusions based on the data.
- Make data based decisions where possible and demonstrate the ability to make the appropriate assumptions otherwise.
- Exercise sound technical judgment in resolution of a problem and seek direction from supervisor when necessary.
- Continuously improve production short interval control and loss accounting electronic tools.
- Remove process variability through control loop optimization or other process improvements.
- Alarm rationalization and implementation.
- Conduct PRV, control valve, pump, and other equipment sizing as needed.
- Complete field process/equipment audits.
- Conduct technical studies and or experiments to determine the improvements needed for plant and area goals.
- Demonstrate clear written and oral communication skills with peers, management and customers.
- Partner with maintenance team to analyze and improve equipment availability and energy consumption as needed.
- Supervise others as needed to achieve objectives.
- Initiate projects, implement management of change requirements, and manage project implementation as needed.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis as needed.
- Manage all projects in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Advise and assist T&I and R&D personnel as needed.
- Keep well informed on new developments in quality control and process engineering through contact with educational institutions, professional societies, professional and trade journals, texts and periodicals.
- Promote a “work-safe” attitude and environment where safety is the prerequisite to all activities.
Process Engineer position requires a degree in Chemical Engineering. Grade will be commensurate with relevant experience. A thorough knowledge of plant operations, equipment, and processes is preferred. The ability to present ideas, good verbal and written communication skills, and good human relations skills are required.
Primary Location: Hamilton, Mississippi
Employment Type: Full-time