|Title:||Production Engineering Leader - A1|
|Job Location:||USA - Hamilton, MS|
This position is responsible to manage Area 1 assets and support personnel to efficiently manufacture Titanium Tetrachloride (TiCl4) and Raw Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) within quality control standards, at budgeted rates and in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. This position ensures that area equipment used in the production of Titanium Tetrachloride (TiCl4) and Raw Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) is kept at optimum performance. The job also ensures the operation of the plant is conducted in a safe and environmentally responsible manner in compliance with the Safety and Environmental Polices. Finally, the job ensures that assets, resources, and people operate as a system to achieve the Area’s purpose: Supply TiCl4 and raw TiO2 pigment to our customers in a manner that provides a continuously improving competitive edge to our customers and our shareholders.
This position requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of 5 years industry related experience, which includes at least 3 years in a leadership role. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and human relations skills are also required.
- Set operating targets to achieve production/quality goals
- Monitor environmental equipment daily to ensure it is functioning per design
- Make operational improvements to environmental equipment
- Monitor production systems daily to ensure/improve efficiency
- Lead/Facilitate cross functional teams - OSE improvement
- Develop tools necessary to ensure accurate, timely production/operations information to operations teams
- Develop tools necessary to ensure reliable operation of equipment and data gathering
- Troubleshoot production detractors daily/weekly/monthly to ensure targets are met
- Determine process capabilities and document in appropriate systems/databases/documents
- Maintain and continuously improve OSE/Rate database systems
- Continuous improvement of Rate by reduction of rate detractors based on data
- Coaching session on Downtime Entry and Short Interval Control boards with Shift Leaders
- Determine quality targets and all process inputs and set points to ensure consistency.
- Continuous improvement of all quality attributes utilizing SPC.
- Daily monitoring of all systems to ensure Continuous variability reduction/efficiency improvement
- Minimize non-value-added work
- Determine OSE reliability improvement needs, based on data, and ensure the appropriate actions are taken
- Submit documentation for projects to the Technology & Improvement group
- Develop project scopes
- Determine future needs for process improvement and ensure they are budgeted in outgoing years
- Manage all CI activities/processes based on the Short Interval Control process
- Input improvements into the master improvement list
- Prioritize improvement pipeline
Primary Location: Hamilton, Mississippi
Employment Type: Regular, full-time