|Job Location:||AUS - Murray Basin|
We are seeking bright and brilliant people to join our team.
Tronox is a fully integrated titanium minerals producer and pigment manufacturer. Across our Australian operations, we extract and process rich mineral sands into a range of valuable products including ilmenite, zircon, rutile and titanium dioxide pigment which are then exported to international markets.
Our sites are part of the global operations of Tronox Limited, the world’s leading integrated manufacturer of titanium dioxide.
About the Role
Tronox is recruiting for a Mechanical Technician to support our Mineral Separation Plant in Broken Hill.
The Mechanical Technician is responsible for the maintenance, servicing and repair of primarily fixed plant equipment in accordance with standards and procedures to ensure optimal performance and minimise interruption to production.
This role will be offered on a permanent, Monday to Friday, day shift, 40 hours a week basis with relocation assistance to Broken Hill will provided.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Mechanical Technician will be responsible for:
- Carrying out standard and complex maintenance and testing procedures on a broad range of plant equipment.
- Performing a range of maintenance related activities, covering; fault finding, installation, maintenance and repair of plant and equipment, as required across site.
- Monitoring operating equipment to detect potential problems.
- Completing daily / weekly and shutdown maintenance of plant and equipment.
In return for your commitment, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package including 12.5% Superannuation, 25% Leave Loading and participation in the Tronox’s Short Term Incentive Scheme.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- The highest regard for safe work practices.
- A Mechanical trade qualification.
- Previous experience working as a Mechanical Technician, maintaining a fixed plant in accordance with strict engineering and safety standards.
- A willingness to work on a call out roster.
We live and breathe our core values at Tronox and recruit our people based on these qualities. We expect our team to maintain an outward mindset – seeing beyond themselves and being accountable for the whole.