|Title:||Sr. Process Control Engineer|
|Job Location:||USA - Hamilton, MS|
Tronox Holdings plc is one of the world’s leading producers of titanium dioxide pigment, zircon, high-grade titanium feedstock materials, pig iron and other minerals. With 3,400 employees around the world, our global reach and deep local roots allows us to embrace and celebrate our organization’s rich culture and contributions, the foundation for our unmatched vertical integration model, and unparalleled operational and technical expertise across the value chain. This diversity, expertise and global reach are what position Tronox as one of the preeminent titanium dioxide producers in the world.
Our global workforce is committed to safe and sustainable business practices that bring value to its shareholders, customers, employees and the communities where we work and live. We set high expectations for ourselves and each other, build our organization with talented people who make a positive difference and invest in their success. We are a global team with a singular vision—working as one, growing as one, succeeding as one. From the west coast of Australia to the east coast of the United States, from Europe to South Africa, and from mines to upgrading facilities, chemical manufacturing and R&D, we bring this passion to work in every location, everywhere, every day.
We aspire to build a diverse workforce, and leverage our broad range of people, perspective and experience by fostering an inclusive work environment and creating opportunities to work together to overcome any obstacles to our success. Every person in every position has the power to make a difference.
Tronox has nearly 20 locations around the world, with corporate offices in the greater New York City, New York (USA) area, Kwinana, Western Australia (Australia), and London, England (United Kingdom), and administrative and technical center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (USA). Tronox is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol TROX. For more information about how our products add brightness and durability to paints, plastics, paper and other everyday products, visit Tronox.com.
Located in Northeast Mississippi the Hamilton facility is a short distance to the cities of Columbus, Amory, Aberdeen and West Point. Within an easy commute, you will find several world class attractions. For music lovers, there is the Beale Street historic district, Graceland and Nashville. Fantastic Creole cuisine and music of New Orleans and the sparkling white beaches of the Gulf of Mexico are also just a short drive away. Hamilton is in the heart of Southeastern Conference Sports, a premier location for college sporting events.
About the Role
This role is located at Tronox’s Hamilton pigment plant, the company’s flagship operation and focus of a multi-million-dollar technical transformation project that will serve as the basis for updating all of Tronox’s pigment operations. The ideal candidate will apply their talents, enthusiasm and expertise in developing strategic asset and reliability programs for the site including engineering policy, strategy, standards. As a leader within the local and global Technology and Improvement team, this role engages with some of the most influential minds and decision makers in the industry.
Everyone has different interests and goals, and a career path should adapt to your evolving ambitions. Through hard work, an ongoing commitment to success, and an attitude of collaboration and achievement, many of our employees have taken the opportunity to transfer departments, titles, responsibilities, and even locations during their time with us. After all, people do their best work when they are inspired and engaged. This role could be a launching pad for a vibrant career, filled with advancement – in Hamilton or one of our locations around the world.
Knowledge & Skills
Plant Operations, Equipment and Processes - Essential
Meeting Facilitation - Essential
Good interpersonal skills - Essential
Leadership Competencies - Essential
Experience in Chemical Manufacturing or Operations Environment - Essential
Good Verbal and Written Communication Skills - Essential
Application of Business Intelligence Platforms, ERP (PowerBI, SAP) - Advantage
Operational Change Management Experience Advantage
DCS: Foxboro I/A ICC, FoxDraw, ArchestrA, Control HMI - Essential
PLC: Allen-Bradley/Rockwell Control Logic - Essential
Solid Process Control Skill set (loop tuning control strategy) - Great Asset/Advantage
Analytical, facilitation and communication skills, self-driven, energetic and sustaining, critical thinking, performance driven and oriented, highly attentive to detail, adaptable/flexible to changing environment and work responsibility, perform under pressure, accurate and precise. Able to interact and communicate effectively with various levels of professionals from the shop floor to site leadership to executives, and with diverse cultures across the organization.
At Tronox, our employees are expected to apply an outward mindset, an approach we believe allows us to see beyond ourselves and be accountable for the whole. We work to provide safe, quality, low-cost tons of product for our customers and provide exceptional returns for our shareholders. We do this through applying the following values in all areas of our work:
- We have an uncompromising focus on operating safe, reliable and responsible facilities.
- We honor our responsibility to create value for our stakeholders.
- We treat others with respect, and act with personal and organizational integrity.
- We build our organization with talented people who make a positive difference and we invest in their success.
- We are adaptable, decisive and effective.
- We are trustworthy and reliable, and we build mutually rewarding relationships.
- We share accountability and have high expectations for ourselves and one another.
- We do the right work the right way in every aspect of our business.
- We celebrate the joy of working together to accomplish great things.
- Responsible for optimum availability and functionality of the process control systems and applications
- Support Process Improvement and Process Engineering teams in the development and programming of control sequences – utilizing standards developed for programming of PLC’s, DCS and SCADA HMI packages
- Guide Production teams in the implementation of process control models, strategies and other methods for ensuring SQLCT
- Examine and translate users' requirements and/or equipment-related process control queries into appropriate solutions
- Provides guidance, support and direction to the Process Control Specialist/Engineer
- Manage 3rd party vendor agreements for Control System support (e.g. Schneider, Rockwell, Premier, etc.)
- Develop/update standards for any new/modified control system architecture
- Ensure change management practices are followed when altering the control system
- Identify and train resources on process control improvements and maintenance
- Provide input on new technologies considered and stay abreast of technology development and its application (e.g. Advanced Process Control).
- Execute capital projects, determining the cost of engineering, labor, equipment and materials for process control improvements
- Develop recommendations for the improvement of controls infrastructure
- Assist with operational implementation of the process control and infrastructure modifications and upgrades
- Implement and support process control strategies that optimize process performance and product consistency, and reduces plant process variability, to achieve minimum manual intervention
- Support Projects team in refining process control related scopes for Capital Expenditure requests
- Advise and assist Research & Technology (R&T) personnel where process control is utilized for plant testing
- Monitor and report on alarm rationalization progress
- Participate in the development of the Technology Strategy and associated road maps related to area of expertise
- Demonstrate skills of mentoring, displaying leadership qualities with less experienced process control engineers
- Willing to take on acting duties at a higher level.
- Stay well informed of new developments in quality control engineering through educational institutions, professional societies, technical trade journals, texts, and periodicals.
- Supervise other Process Improvement and Control Engineers (grade commensurate).
- Plan, coordinate, and execute process control improvement initiatives assigned by the Process Improvement and Control Leader
- Communicate with the global Tronox community, including participation on Center of Excellence teams so that technical knowledge and practical experience are shared across the enterprise.
Position requires a degree in Chemical/Electrical Engineering or related field. Pay grade will be commensurate with relevant experience with a minimum of five (5) years controls engineering experience in a chemical manufacturing plant. A thorough knowledge of plant operations, equipment and processes is required. Ability to present ideas and good verbal and written communication skills and good human relations skills are required. FoxBoro I/A/FCS is required in the ICC and ArchestrA environment FoxDraw and Control HMI PLC Allen-Bradley/Rockwell.