|Job Location:||USA - Stamford, CT|
The Corporate Paralegal will report to the Assistant General Counsel and, working closely with members of the Law department and the Treasury and Tax departments, be responsible for supporting relevant aspects of Tronox’s corporate transactions, such as M&A and debt and equity financing, subsidiary management, tax and treasury operations, litigation, records retention and compliance. More specifically, the Corporate Paralegal will have primary responsibility for maintenance of Tronox’s Secretariat subsidiary management database and relevant subsidiary management activities. The successful candidate will play a key role in the legal department’s collaboration with our counterparts in finance, particularly tax and treasury.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support Treasury department with processing both routine and material, one-off transactions, including line of credit agreements, cash management activities and debt and equity financing transactions.
- Support Tax department by managing the subsidiary-related aspects of tax-related transactions (often reflected in “step plans”) including drafting corporate documents such as consents, capital contributions, basic merger agreements, share transfer agreements and the like.
- Responsible for document retention practices according to retention policy. Assists with the development of processes to maximize efficiency. Supports special projects as assigned.
- Assist in the management of Tronox’s subsidiaries including minute books, draft resolutions, prepare and file state qualifications, collaboration with Tax and Treasury entity activity, and prepare and file merger/dissolution documents.
- Maintain Tronox’s subsidiary corporate minute books and work with Tronox’s auditors and other outside parties who are required to review the minute books from time to time. Establish and manage regular review of subsidiaries with colleagues in legal, tax and treasury to ensure accuracy of corporate records. Provide timely responses to clients’ and internal requests for information relating to corporate actions and records.
- Coordinate executive and subsidiary director signatures on a variety of corporate documents. Draft worldwide corporate structure charts and global subsidiary lists. Prepare, coordinate and track powers of attorney. Assist with, obtain and distribute notarizations, apostilles, legalized documents, certified copies, corporate filings and other corporate documents as needed
- Manage and provide oversight and support in the records and data integrity of all information pertaining to international and domestic subsidiaries, including international entity management software maintenance.
- Ability to draft basic corporate documents such as certificates of incumbency, written consents to elect board members and appoint officers, minutes.
- Positive, collaborative attitude able to work well with colleagues across time zones around the globe.
- Ability to work with senior managers and business team members in a professional and discrete manner. The Corporate Paralegal will have access to Tronox’s confidential information and needs to be able to maintain that confidentiality at all times.
- Strong IT skills including the ability to learn Tronox’s web based subsidiary management software (Secretariat), work in power point, excel, WORD, and other IT-based systems that Tronox uses now or will be developing to improve the functioning of the legal group and its own internal work processes.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to go “above and beyond” to meet requirements of the position when required.
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent education required.
- Minimum of 5 years of paralegal experience in a large, publicly listed corporation managing the processes and procedures related to Treasury, Tax and Records.
- Corporate in-house experience preferred.