|Title:||Executive Assistant To Chairman & Chief Executive Officer|
|Job Location:||USA - New York City, NY|
Position Background & Overview
We have two executive offices in in the greater New York City area, one in Stamford, Connecticut and the second, recently opened, in midtown Manhattan at 410 Park Avenue (between 54th and 55th Street).
While our Chairman & CEO elected to be based in New York City, his Executive Assistant elected to not relocate to the new office, and she will remain in Stamford to support other executives.
[Please, we ask that applicants refrain from contacting our CEO directly in relation to this posting]
Accordingly, we are now seeking a Manhattan-based Executive Assistant to support our Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer.
Our CEO assumed that position in December 2017, but has served on our Board of Directors since 2011, and knows our company and our industry extremely well. He previously ran his own investment fund for five years, prior to which he was Chairman, President and CEO of a premier global specialty chemicals company. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of two other public companies. He is a driven executive that models the high-performance expectations he has for his colleagues and the organization, and values a culture that fosters, collaboration, diversity and inclusion, and communication that spans geographic and cultural boundaries.
The ideal candidate will be a confident self-starter with an engaging personality who works well in high-pressure circumstances and with limited supervision. As a member of the CEO’s staff, the candidate will interact with our Board of Directors, executive leaders, broader senior management team, administrative and support staff, and our colleagues around the world. Due to the global nature of the business, responsibilities require the candidate be exceptionally organized and flexible relative to work hours and travel. Although the role requires a level of general administrative work, the candidate’s primary focus is adding value as a high-caliber Executive Assistant committed to adding value and exceeding expectations. The candidate will report directly to the CEO.
Roles and Responsibilities
Provide executive support in a one-on-one working relationship across a variety of functions, focused on increasing the efficiency of the CEO and the executive team.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO. The candidate will serve as a liaison to the Board of Directors and the broader senior management team, with some oversight of special projects. The candidate will plan, coordinate and ensure the CEO's schedule is followed and respected with a firm manner, yet in a graceful style that is not abrupt or confrontational.
- Manage sensitive information with a high level of discretion and good judgment.
- Serve as a "gatekeeper" for the CEO, ensuring the CEO's time and office feels respected, approachable and accessible.
- Have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and multi-task confidently in high-pressure circumstances.
- Organize, manage and own the CEO’s calendar.
- Interface with key leaders, including (i) the SVP, Organizational Effectiveness and Chief of Staff, (ii) General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, and (iii) SVP, Investor Relations, to coordinate meetings, conference calls and appointments.
- Manage logistics surrounding meetings of the Board of Directors and Leadership Team Quarterly and Monthly Business reviews. This will include travel to Board Meeting locations (in a year, typically two in NY, one in Europe/UK, one in the Middle East and one in Australia/South Africa).
- Review the CEO’s emails/correspondences and highlight important matters that require immediate attention.
- Assist the CEO in establishing priorities relating to daily, monthly and annual schedules.
- Collaborate with other members of the Executive Administrative Team to support common goals, and liaise with other staff and international offices to support a responsive work environment.
- Ensure the CEO is prepared with all necessary materials for meetings.
- Handle appointment planning when CEO is outside of the NYC area.
- Manage numerous domestic and international travel arrangements, including: air reservations, cost comparisons, scheduling options, hotel reservations, ground arrangements, car rentals, etc.
- Serve as point of contact for all of the CEO’s outside board activities, including heavy planning and coordination of multiple board meetings throughout the year in various global locations.
- Answer telephone when necessary and direct callers to appropriate staff.
- Track a wide range of expenses and prepare the CEO’s expense reports in a timely fashion.
- Assist with the administration of all matters in the New York City Office.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate would be an engaging, well-rounded individual with exceptional executive level administrative experience:
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management, at least 3+ of which were supporting the CEO of a public company.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organization and technical skills. Has the ability to succinctly communicate both internally (with operating, functional and administrative colleagues) and externally (with the Board of Directors, investors, lenders and other key constituents of the company).
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with company-specific programs and software.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing a complex workload, maintaining balance among multiple priorities in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Detail oriented and proactive about learning new concepts.
- Friendly and positive personality, coupled with a strong professional presence, office acumen and business mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations. Manages confidential information with a high level of discretion.
- Depth of experience in organizing and planning events attended by senior business professionals and their spouses.
- Depth of experience in booking and managing complex international business travel and related visa requirements.
- Genuinely cares about people. Is an authentic individual who engages and connects well with people, seeks to empower and maximize the potential of their colleagues. Applies an Outward Mindset to working with others; is someone who sees the goals, needs and concerns of others.
- Experienced in collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic goals.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver within tight timelines and comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Self-aware with a high level of integrity.
- Flexible and adaptable schedule; lives within a relatively easy commute to the office.
- Proficiency in any foreign language would be a plus (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, or Chinese would be highly valued).
- A BA/BS degree is desirable but not required.